I offer professional support to mothers and their partners during pregnancy, labor, birth and beyond.
I am truly honored to be part of this most sacred time in the life of a family. My goal is for you to have a birth experience that is satisfying, safe and joyful—one in which you feel cared for in a respectful and loving way. I am here to provide emotional and physical support during labor and birth, to help you learn about the options available to you, and to promote collaboration among your entire birth team.
Please contact me for a free, non-binding consultation.
Doula Services Package – $600
What will I do as your doula?
The most important thing is simply to be with you throughout your labor and birth. I am committed to staying with you until after your baby is born.
Our relationship starts well before your due date. At your free initial consultation, you can ask me anything that helps you decide whether I’m the right doula for you. If so, during your pregnancy, we will meet 2-3 times, along with your partner (if applicable). During these meetings, we will:
- Talk about your hopes for the birth.
- Discuss health concerns, family birth stories, and other emotional factors that may influence labor.
- Answer questions about the options for your care.
- Work together to make a birth plan.
- Practice relaxation techniques and positions for labor.
- Share massage and touch techniques that partners can use to ease labor.
- Schedule prenatal acupressure treatments, if desired, to optimize your body for labor.
- Discuss local resources and information sources to support your research. You are welcome to borrow books from my birth library.
As your due date approaches, we will be in touch more frequently. When your labor gets underway, and you begin to feel that you would like support, I will meet you at your home or the hospital.
During labor and birth, I will:
- Suggest positions, comfort measures and techniques to help the progress of labor. There are many different ways to make labor more comfortable, from massage to birth balls to reassuring words.
- Support and advocate for the decisions you make about your birth.
- Answer questions or help you get your questions answered.
- Provide emotional support and encouragement to you and your partner.
- Work with your partner as a team, with the goal of empowering both of you to enter parenthood with confidence.
After birth, I will:
- Stay with you for 1-2 hours, if desired, to make sure you are comfortable and getting the care you need.
- Assist with initial breastfeeding, if desired.
- Contact you by phone 24 hours or so after the birth. At that time we can discuss whether you would like an in-person visit in the hospital or at home. A postpartum visit is a good chance to discuss the birth and address any questions.
Prenatal Support – $75/session
I am available for prenatal consultations on any of the following:
- Developing a birth plan
- Getting informed about options for your care
- Labor coping techniques, including positions, visualizations, and many other comfort measures that partners can use whether or not you have a doula
- Preparing for your postpartum recovery
- Connecting with local resources for pregnancy, postpartum, and parenting
- Baby care, including breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, and attachment parenting
Prenatal Acupressure – No cost
Recently trained in acupressure for pregnancy and labor, I am currently offering free sessions to clients and any other pregnant woman who is interested in optimizing her body for labor. Sessions begin at 36 weeks.
I look forward to supporting you! Please contact me if you would like to schedule a consultation with no obligation.